Okay, so I know a lot of us, including me in the beginning, never liked fussy cutting but at the same time know that coordinating dies are sooooo expensive. Well I have come up with a personal solution to figure out if I need dies or not for a project or to coordinate with a stamp set.
Whenever I decide to get a set of dies I look at my stamp set and see whether or not its really intricate or just too intricate to fussy cut.
A few questions I ask myself:
1. Is it easy to fussy cut?
2. Is it too intricate to fussy cut?
3. Do I want the white boarder around the image or do I want it to be cut to the black line?
4. Are there fine lines in the image that if I fussy cut it will it get ruined?
5. Is it in my budget? I know us crafters hate budgets but we just cant buy everything even though we want to.
6. Do I really need it?!
Most of us (or all of us) crafty fanatics want the matching die to all of our stamps. I’m slowly collecting the coordinating dies but unless ita a super intricate image to cut out, I’m not going to get them together. I’ll just get the stamps.
The types of dies I would get my hands on.
1. Branches/thin flower stems
2. Dies that don’t have stamp sets
3. Fancy word
4. Basic shapes/stackable/layering dies
5. Floral dies (because I love flowers)
Those types of dies are basically the types of dies I like to get.
Just a quick note: I’m going through my stash and I’m giving away a bunch of dies. Plus I’m bringing in a lot more supplies and machines so I’m in need of space, so stay tuned for a give away. Don’t forget to follow my blog to stay updated.